What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials aims to better secure UK businesses against the developing Cyber threat. It is an essential accreditation for any company that does business with the UK Government but also provides a series of controls and measures which, if put in place, enhance the basic Cyber hygiene of any organisation.
Around 80% of Cyber Attacks could be prevented if businesses put simple security controls in place.
The majority of cyber-attacks exploit basic weaknesses in IT systems and software. With the addition of just a few common-sense controls, a lot of these attacks can be prevented. Cyber Essentials shows you how to address those basics and prevent the most common attacks. Cyber Essentials can significantly reduce an organisations vulnerability by delivering a set of controls within the domains pictured above.
Cyber Essentials is made up of two levels; Level one – Cyber Essentials, and Level two – Cyber Essentials Plus. Level 1 (Cyber Essentials) is an independently verified assessment. Level 2 (Cyber Essentials Plus) is the higher level where a qualified and independent assessor examines your compliance.
Why does my organisation need Cyber Essentials? / How would Cyber Essentials help me? / What are the benefits of having Cyber Essentials?
Some organisations will only do business with companies that have this certification
- It proves to your customers that you take Cyber Security seriously
- Demonstrates that you are less likely to suffer data loss as a result of cyber attacks
- The Cyber Essentials badge allows your company to advertise the fact that it adheres to a government endorsed standard and complies to a simple assurance framework and a set of security controls
- The Cyber Essentials Scheme provides businesses, small and large, clarity on good basic cyber security practice
- By focusing on basic cyber hygiene, your company will be better protected from the most common cyber threats
How can Xpertex help?
Xpertex Cyber Essentials Practitioners and Consultants can help you evaluate your organisation and recommend the actions required to gain Cyber Essentials and more. Cyber Essentials is the beginning of a journey that serves as a great start in improving the maturity of your organisations Cyber Security. Our Security practice can help you along that journey to protect yourself, your data and your customers.
Work with Xpertex to ensure you take the first steps towards your Cyber Essentials and show your customers that you take Cyber Security seriously. Get in touch today.
T: 0203 021 0749
Our quality management Cyber Essentials Accreditation Body is QG Management Standards
Visit the official Cyber Essentials website or Gov.uk